How do I go about reducing demerit points now that I am faced with losing my licence?

Tempted to consider asking your grandmother to take your points?

Our very strong advice is don’t ask your Grandmother for assistance in reducing demerit points by taking them for you.

Under the Oaths Act 1936 you will be allowing someone you care about to sign a false statutory declaration which can result in a penalty of up to 4 years imprisonment. You also would be committing the offence of perverting the course of justice.  This could result in the very serious charge of perjury.

A high profile example of this is the 2009 case of former justice of the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Courts of New South Wales, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory Marcus Einfeld. He became the first Australian former superior court judge to be imprisoned when he was sentenced to 3 years imprisonment with 2 year non-parole period for similar offences.

If you are in the position of losing your licence through accumulated demerit points contact us to discuss your particular circumstances.  It is critical to talk to us BEFORE you pay the traffic fine that will exceed your demerit points. Once you have paid your infringement notice we will not be able to do anything further for you.

Contacting the expert traffic lawyers at Williams Barristers and Solicitors to discuss your circumstances will cost you nothing. Our expert traffic lawyers will tell you very quickly if something can be done and the like costs.  You can then make an informed decision about your next steps.

We are experienced in successfully making applications to reduce demerit points and will provide sound advice on what can be done. We can assist with your representation when required.

Call our Traffic Law experts

Get in touch
Call 08 8451 9040